Programs for Fall Prevention
Stand Up Classes In Sault Ste. Marie:
- Great Northern Retirement Home are on Monday, Wednesday and Thursday, at 9:30 a.m.
- Red Cross, Tuesday and Thursday, at 1 p.m.
- Northern Community Centre, Tuesday and Thursday, 10:45 a.m.
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch 25, Tuesday and Thursday, 9:45 a.m.
- Sault Ste. Marie Public Library, main branch, Tuesday and Thursday, 2:30 p.m.
- PHARA Westwind Shores, Tuesday and Thursday, noon
In Bruce Mines:
- Light Haven Retirement Home Monday and Wednesday, 1:30 p.m.
- Bruce Mines Community Hall, Monday and Wednesday, noon.
In Echo Bay:
- Laird Community Hall, Monday and Thursday, at 10 a.m.
- Michipicoten Memorial Community Centre Monday at 10 a.m. and Friday at 1 p.m.
In Blind River:
- North Shore Health Network on Tuesday and Thursday, 1:30 p.m.
In Richards Landing:
- Dr. Harold S. Trefry Memorial Centre, Monday at 10 a.m. and Thursday at 1 p.m.
Contact Helen Kwolek by phone at 1-866-892-0172, ext. 3125, or e-mail at email@example.com for details regarding the Stand Up! program.
Stay On Your Feet brochure: http://sault.safecommunities.parachutecanada.org/files/Stay_On_Your_Feet_Brochure-_Edited_Version1.pdf
Stay On Your Feet article: http://www.saultstar.com/2018/01/03/ne-lhin-seniors-program-emphasizes-exercise-socializing
Stand Up exercise program for fall prevention:http://sault.safecommunities.parachutecanada.org/files/Stand_Up_Brochure1.pdf
Falls Prevention Checklist: http://www.sasksafety.org/resources/seniors-safety/fall-prevention-program/fall-prevention-checklist
Older adults, exercise, and injury: http://horizon.parachutecanada.org/en/article/older-adults-exercise-injury/
Updated March 6, 2019